Have a 94 gmc box truck 7.4L. Runs great in park but wants to die in drive. Changed plugs and wires, now i have a code for IAC would that cause it to die in gear?

60

Asked by Oct 20, 2014 at 05:46 PM

10,995

Yes after that pull the big tube off the throttle body and clean the throttle plate in there it will be all black and carboned up. When done disconnect battery for 10 minutes this will clear code and reset idle to factory presets. Good luck

60

i sprayed a whole can of carb clean in it. going to pull cables and see what happens. sounds like it is starving for fuel or air. possible distributor?

60

oh and it wants to jump as soon as i put it in gear?

60

i got the truck and there is only 1 vacuum on a 2 sided vacuum port. not sure if that has to due with it.

60

unhooking the battery didnt help :(