Electrical Issues on 2007 Yukon

Asked by Jun 05, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Sometimes my locks pop up and down while driving, a stabilitrak light pops on, coolant levels low comes on and my cd changer starts changing and my clock changes time all at once. I will park and my key fob won't work to lock the doors. I notice all power is gone and after lifting the hood and simply shaking the battery cables the power comes back on. This was happening since I purchased the vehicle 3 years ago but no dealership can locate the problem. I have changed the battery and the battery cables and that isn't the issue. Called GMC and they said there are no recalls. I am afraid this electrical issue can cause a fire in my garage. I am going back to the dealership tomorrow. The issue is happening at least once a week now. Any ideas?

15,845

Electrical connections and Gremlins , been around since the RAF took flight (maybe before). Probably better to tighten cables;rather than,shaking 'em. Ground Cable maybe related to shaken? Stuff going on and off is weird,and I don't mean it doesn't happen; I mean it does indeed happen and when it does it's eerie. The door locks on an Escort I had used to lock & unlock on their own (swear it). But you have multiple things turning on and off. Check ground cable at the battery to the body for sure and then????? See if tightening the cables at the battery + checking ground stops it. I would guess the PCM is rebooting itself every time the power to it is interrupted.

15,845

computers hate that on - off s__.

40

my 2008 Yukon Denali did the very same thing while I was driving, in addition to everything you stated I also lost pwr steering, the transmission was auto shifting its self. once I pulled off the road I called the dealership and had it toed in. they said they had another one doing the same thing. Turned out to be the NEGATIVE GROUND CABLE to the battery needed to be replaced. That was a year ago and all has been fine since. GOOD LUCK and be safe! It was very scary and this should be a RECALL!!!