Is 240,000 miles a lot for a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Off Road?

Asked by Apr 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I am looking at buying this truck, but the only thing that concerns me is that it has
240,000 miles on it. Someone told me that a 4x4 with 200,000 miles is just getting broken
in. The truck is a single owner, and was not used for hauling/work, and the miles are
mostly highway miles.

James Ramond

highway miles don't preserve alternators, timing chains ,water pumps and short lived moving parts, it does save transmissions, rears and more durable hard parts along with suspension, interior and the like. but it must be a couple thousand less in cost to warrant a buy

Dose the truck come with a maintenance history? Like, oil changes, tune ups, repairs? That would help in the decision making. FYI. Just before I retired to the Philippines I bought a one owner, 1999 Ford Expedition with 250000 miles on it as a interim delivery vehicle. I put another 10000 miles on it and sold it to a friend. It was that good and is still going strong. Maybe I was lucky.

As with all used vehicles be prepared to do your own maintenance to the vehicle if you purchase it just in case and take a qualified mechanic with you to check it out