I have a 04 Pontiac Grand Prix GPT 190k miles. The reduce engine power light comes on. I then have to pull off the road (highway!) ASAP! I cut car off then back up with np. What's happening?

300

Asked by Mar 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I hope it's within GM's recall I just
read about and they will fix it?

209,965

If there was a recall you would get a letter in the mail. But most probably it isn't. Since your reduce power light is on, you can scan the car for the fault code or codes that will tell your mechanic what is exactly wrong with the car.

300

I have an appointment to take it to the GM dealership so they can hook it up to their machine because nothing is showing up on my machanics scan. I hope they find the problem so I can get it fixed.