1999 Yukon won't start.

Asked by Feb 03, 2014 at 09:58 AM

I was idling and it shut off.  I tried to start it and it wouldn't start.  It had plenty of fuel.  It started and instantly died with starter fluid.  I changed the fuel filter (It was clogged) the rotor and the cap and it still won't start.  It ran perfectly before this instance.

20,345

check at fuel rail on engine at Schrader valve test port for fuel to that point ,may be air locked, or try cycle key on off a few times to bleed air threw injectors

Best Answer
2,245

also see if you can hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the keys to the on position.. should run for a few sec. and kick off with just turning the keys on. hope this helps