Rear window defogger wire 2012 Yukon

Asked by Dec 06, 2013 at 06:24 AM

One of the two Defogger curly wires that connect to the tail door window has become detached. Is there a simple fix or should I return to dealer for this minor repair?

60

It sounds like a tab came off the defroster which is a common reason for defroster failure. Since I work for a company that makes defroster repair kits, defroster repair accessories and aftermarket defrosters I talk to a lot of customers with this issue. What I would do is bond the tab back to the defroster using a Frost Fighter Tab Bonding kit. This kit uses a two part silver adhesive to bond the tab back to the defroster. The Frost Fighter Tab Kit can be seen at this link. http://www.frostfighter.com/defroster-repair-tab-bonding-kit-2000.htm