I have a 2005 yukon Denali and the fan and stays on and causes the battery to die any known problems or fixes?

Asked by Jan 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I have a 2005 Yukon Denali that has a fan that stays on after the truck is turned off and causes the
battery to go dead.  Is there a known issue and fix for this problem.  I see that people have replaced the
battery and the alternator for the same problem and that has not fixed the issue.  any ideas?

3,785

Probably a bad coolant temperature sensor or a bad fan switch.

20

You need to replace the fan control module. There are 2 parts that will work for this. ACDELCO 15-80567 on line and Part # RU1321 at O-Riley auto parts stores. $99. Dealer charges over $300 to replace this. It is an easy fix that you can do yourself.

20

Sorry I thought that you meant your fan blower inside the car for your AC and heat.