seatbelt repair

10

Asked by Nov 19, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I have a 01 Denali.  The right shoulder belt in the last row is stuck & will not extend.  How do I take the seat apart to get at the belt to repair it?

115

I've worked on seatbelts for my corolla...the basics still apply... Take off any plastic covers is the first thing to do...next, look to see any warnings ie: "DO NOT REMOVE" It sounds like something is just off track, or even something is stuck in your belt. With the cover off, you can look at it, and see any obvious problems. You can be very careful with removal of the cover by using a cloth and screwdriver.

10

The challenge with this one is that the seatbelt is built in the rear bench seat. I'm trying to figure out how to get at the unit. I was thinking that I would need to take off the back cover of the seat, but there doesn't seem to be any easy way without damaging the cover.