LS or LT?

305

Asked by Aug 17, 2008 at 06:07 PM

I have to start this board i didnt see it, so come on all you die hard GM Fans lets hear a little something about why u think a LS1 is better then a LT1 or why the LT4 is capable of crushing an LS2. Personally i drive an LT1 and i have beaten LS1's in it, but i wanna know what u guys think.

45

LS > LT because it's a newer design. And between helping people with projects they've thrown into cars I've seen some weird ass problems with LT motors that were weird to diagnose, and not so much with the LS. Just because you've beaten a factory LS with an LT doesn't mean anything. An LS motor with simply a cam/timing chain, headers and a carb conversion make almost 425HP. But before you assume I'm an LS fanboy, I'm not. I swear by Gen 1 over either of the two.

305

which i agree with you LS's are newer tech, thus it takes alot less parts to get it to a high horsepower. I like my LT1 but i am personally thinking about going to a LS6 conversion, due to the 6 liters and the routing of the intake manifold vents. if not that then a LT4 conversion.

45

LSX>LTX reason: optispark

305

true that one lol. i've changed it once.

9,435

LSX LTX 6 bolt mains 4 bolt mains All aluminum block Cast block More reliable oil pump GEN 1 style oil pump NO OPTISPARK++++++ Optispark You do the math. I think I will stick to my old school sbc.

305

yes sir, i will say the LSX is a better engine all around, but i'm a LTX guy. Don't get me wrong or anything i would love to own a LS2, LS6, or an LS7, possibly even a LSX if i had the money.