02 ram 1500

Asked by Jan 04, 2016 at 12:33 PM

So my ac/heater blower quit on me. The blower
works when hooked to power.  I took out the dash
switch an I'm not getting power to the control
switch. Can someone help please?

550

Voltage to the blower motor comes from the ignition switch. At the blower motor connector, with hvac on, did you check for voltage and ground? If so, what were you missing, voltage or ground? The resistors and speed control are part of the ground circuit. Check the ignition switch connector, see if anything melted, key on.

Thanks for the fast response. I did in fact check for voltage at the blower motor. But how do I check for ground? And I tried a new ignition switch in the steering column but still no results.

550

To make sure I understand, you had voltage at the blower motor connector, key on? To check ground use a testlight connected to voltage, touch the ground terminal, if the light comes on, the ground is good, at least good enough to turn on the lamp. With blower motor control on.

550

Just to add, the diagram is for manual hvac. I can't rule out resistor block, but, would blower motor work on high-speed, hi-speed doesn't use a resistor.