I have a 2000 dodge ram sport 1500 5.2 that won't start. It has full power to to light, dash, radio, exc.. I put a new starter and ignition switch in it and still nothing...it does not even turn over.

Asked by Dec 15, 2015 at 07:19 PM

50,265

Not sure, but do they still have that resistor on the fire wall? May want to check into that. It use to be a 2 wire hook-up, a wire on each end, and with porcelain rectangle body.

It does, but I think that's for the blower motor AC/HVAC.

50,265

Did you look around the coil area?

No. What am I looking for?

50,265

I am still here, just doing some checking on things....

50,265

Have you checked the battery & connections? In the mean time I am looking at a few things...

I've checked all the connections and everything seems to be OK. I thought it might be the computer but I ran the scan tool and no codes are detected.

50,265

Would you have a volt meter? To check for 12.5 V on the battery?

I dont. I'll have to check it tomorrow. Good thought.

50,265

Is there anything around the battery like a battery temperature sensor? And we need to make sure power is getting to the starter when the key is turned on. There should be a starter relay in the fuse box that may be bad.

I will check on that. Thank you. I'll let y'all know