can you give me step by step instructions on how to replace a head gasket on my 2001 dodge durango 4.7 liter engine with 4 wheel drive

Eric Arnold

Asked by Jun 08, 2015 at 04:28 PM

That would exceed the word limit. very long, and too many variables. You have to find torque specs and sequence, in a book like a Chiltons or the equivalent. I would have to post pictures, dozens of them, you need a good tool set and it;s simply too much to do here. No offense, but having to ask indicates you should pay to have it done. The tools alone if you don't have them will cost you a bundle. So take it to a shop, or get a good manual, buy a good tool set and don't do only one head, do both and send them out for a magnaflux to check for cracks planing, and a valve job

If you are dead set on DIY and that is, granted, the only way to learn go to that page

Best of luck Eric. Sincerely. Those will guide you, and those extra bolts, brackets and other leftover stuff is normal. Your coffee can will have something left, guaranteed. I really do think you can do it. A book is better than those web-sites. Not that they are wrong, but the book will be more handy to have with you and does in to detail more.