What's wrong with my stereo Dodge Stratus rt

Asked by Feb 16, 2014 at 09:10 AM

My factory under passenger seat got
wet last month. I dried it off and
cleaned it to where the static
stopped. My stereo was working just
fine until a week ago and now it
works some times and other times it
wont. Can someone tell me what's
wrong with it and what I need to do
to fix it?

115,215

I would say the box under the seat may need to be replaced. But first I would double check the connections to it. Could just be a loose connection.

115,215

Also have you noticed a weird smell in your car? When my wife's got wet it worked for a while then we started smelling a weird smell. Turned out that the box was frying. We opted to install an after market stereo.

115,215

On ours the incoming and out going wiring harnesses for the box under the seat were the same. One was a male and the other a female. Unplugged the box and just plugged both harnesses into one another. Then bought after market radio with an installation kit for her model car.