My 200 doge neon won't go in reveres but it drives fine

20

Asked by May 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I'd take a look at the transmission and motor mounts and linkage who's alignment may get affected by them~ there could be crack in the rubber you would not see unless you took a floojack and piece of wood and took the engine up about half an inch...then they'd appear~

20

Oh ok I got the motor mounts fixed So it maybe a cracked in th rubber

20

Oh OK thank you

It's alignment of the control which the mounts may have an effect on...I'm the freakin' number 2 expert (judge_roy...a long story) I should know whether or not the shifter is right in the belly of the transmission to where there is no mount that could affect the action of the engagement...most likely am thinking that control rods on you shifter may have popped a blood vessel down there~ best take the casing off and see if there is a problem with the smooth action of the connecting linkage....had a BMW problem and had to cob-up a three dimensional representation as the little button on top wasn't lettin the guy shift~

BMW is excellent for sharing this knowledge base, easier to sell replacement parts if you can see an exploded view of it...been doin it this way for years at parts counters~

You could tell me please what the shift linkage looks like? does it go outside the transmission or internal?....mounts are just a wouldacouldashoulda boilerplate assertion~

Okay make me dig so I don't look like an ass--

okay...there is an adjustment if you take the Rhino hood off you'll see it...perhaps this one is out of adjustment~!

....yes, I rock...best answer please.

Best Answer

...here come the judge---

20

Thank you you been helpfull and I know what it is. Now thanks again

thank you jess, wouldn't it be nice if turning that turnbuckle a turn or two in the right direction fixes your problem...you know being toted as "the expert" on this car comes about because I'm an X computer guy (don't tell no-one they'll make me do it fulltime) and wear the wool- wide-web sweater of information with relative comfort----most guys are like shaved gorillas about it~

I did not want to compete with DavidH25 (bless his heart). Tom Deyman, and Tenspeed all these guys are right all the time...sometimes lack a little character...but always pull though with the right sweater~

20

LOL k thank you again