Truck won't turn off

10

Asked by Feb 11, 2013 at 05:48 PM

2012 Dodge 3500 -- Diesel 4x4 -- Key is not in the ignition but the engine is running.

really hate to ask this question, but is it dieseling? yes, I know that it's a diesel, but when you pull the key out elecrics are supposed to stop. do they?

how do you stop it? foot on the gas and brake at the same time, in gear? ...ouch.

10

The truck is suppose to stop when the key comes out no matter what. I thought it might have been dieseling because of extreme cold temps (-14 degrees) in montana, but it is still doing it in 70 degrees in texas. I stop the engine by disconnecting the batteries and unplugging the alternator

10

It's a 2012 with 105,000 miles

defective ignition relay. Just a guess, imaginary. we could/should look up to see if such a device is in there and available. Will do this shopping for you if you are having trouble finding this item that I'm guessing is at fault (that MUST exist, and is faulty)---say the word go, and will start shoppin'

Dog. If I had your electrical schematic could stop guessin, and start pointin- tried looking but searches all pointed back here. dogg. Lemme see that schematic that has your ignition and will find the stuck relay, and switch it out.