how difficult is it to repair my speedometer cable? Costs involved?

Asked by Nov 17, 2012 at 09:47 PM

My ABS light  and brake light came on and has been on ever since constantly.  I parked it all was OK.  I started it up the next day they were on.  About two months later the speedometer stopped working.     98 dodge ram truck.

10,755

there is no speedometer cable on these trucks. just a single ABS sensor on the rear differential housing, theyre prone to failure and will turn the ABS and red BRAKE light on, as well as make your speedometer inactive. its a fairly cheap and easy fix with basic hand tools.

Best Answer