The check engine light came on about 2-3 weeks ago. It doesn't stay on though. Some days it's on and !

Asked by Sep 07, 2012 at 07:44 PM

The check engine light came on about 2-3 weeks ago. It doesnt stay on. Some days its on and some days it is off. I
took it to autozone and the reading said it was a P100 problem.  I need it fixed ASAP because the inspection sticker
is now expired and it won't pass with the light still on. Please provide any information on the problem ad how to fix it.
Thanks for any help!

325

Most usually a mass air flow sensor or vacuum leak. Depending on The make of your car be sure to check for tears in your induction hose and listen for vacuum leaks. You can also try and clean the sensor with a touch Of Carb cleaner.