pulsaing electric system

Asked by Dec 09, 2010 at 07:40 PM

electric pulses from 14.2 volts too 14.9, it makes the lights pulsate, its not the intake heaters cuz it does this at all different times and engine temps, what should the proper voltage be.

12,085

i assume you have a cummins since you were talking about intake heaters, basically what it is (if you live in the northeast and it started right about tuesday/wednesday) its more than likely the fuel heater system kicking on and off when the PCM sees any thing below 25degrees it turns a fuel heater system on its some where around the fuel/water seperator or might be right in with it, either that or the rectifier bridge in the alternator is going bad