pt cruiser timing belt

Asked by Sep 06, 2016 at 07:07 PM

so i know that my timing belt is shot, what are the
odds that I screwed the valve as well? i was
driving at 45mph :/ just keeping fingers crossed.

97,065

95% it damaged at least 1 valve.

72,305

Depends on what engine is in there...what size is the engine and is it a SOHC or a DOHC?

49,365

What year? What engine?

its 03 turbo 2.4

72,305

Yep, like tennisshoes says, 95% it damaged at least 1 valve. It is an interference engine.

goin to shop tomorrow, was hoping my rabbits foot had one last favor in it, thanks guys for your help!

49,365

I read that 2.4 DOHC Turbo EDZ engines were a non-interference . There is a chance that an intake valve can strike an exhaust valve, but valves will not hit pistons. So my guess is that you have a 5% chance of a bent valve(s). Put a timing belt and related hardware on it and run a compression test. That will tell you.

72,305

That is true Mr. Bob, still, if the belt broke while it was running, chances are there is damage. I would do as you say tho and throw a belt on with the timing marks lined up and check compression as you suggest. They need a timing belt anyway.