2005 Chrysler 300c hemi.. Died jumped it off let it run about hour turned off and wouldn't start back ..jumped it off again undone pos.cable on batt. It died does this mean alternator bad?

Asked by May 26, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Put cable back on and started back up
but was dragging slightly

Yep bad alternator I have two 300c and both have had alternator replaced and week later you'll need a battery.

Either that or you fried the ECM when you removed the battery cable with it running. Never remove a battery cable with the engine running on a vehicle that has an Alternator, it causes a voltage spike that fries electronics.