What could be wrong with my van when the no traction control light comes on and stays on? Also it will not come out of park now!

Asked by Dec 09, 2014 at 04:19 PM

When the vehicle was in park and the
light was on, I would have to turn it
off and back on the get it to go out of
park. Now that I have parked it I
can't get it out of park now!

70,145

The traction control is a sensor going bad,or reading wrong,the not coming out of park is your neutral/safety switch is bad.The switch should be under dash at break pedal.

Not sure of the answer yet, but this is happening to me. Found that if you shut off the car and restart it with your foot on the brake, you can shift it out of park. I have to do this every time I put it in park until I can get it fixed.

I am also having the same issue with my 2012 town and country and im shocked because I only have 34k miles on it. I have to cut the van off and turn it back on in order for me to be able to switch it out of park, taking it into the dealer next week to get fixed

Were you able to find out what the problem was? My van is doing the same thing!

The Town and Countdy has had soooo many issues. Mine does this now AND pretty much is in the shop more then my garage. Worst purchase I ever made.

STOPLIGHT SWITCH! (even if your brake lights, cruise control, and everything else is working fine, it can be partially faulty) My 2014 was doing the same thing. The CEL is on with code P0571 for Brake Circuit A fault. I could clear it and drive around the neighborhood fine, but usually the same stop sign, (taking the kids to school after going down a big hill and hitting the brakes harder than usual), the traction control light would come on. If it was on and I put the van in park, I couldn't put it in drive. At first I could turn it off to clear the traction control light, then get it to go in gear. After a day or two I had to put on the brake as I started it in order to get it to go in gear. Checked stop switch by checking brake lights. Spent 4 hours cleaning ABS sensors. Decided to disconnect/reconnect stopswitch before taking it in for the $99 diag fee, and I'll be damned if it wasn't a $10 part that took 2 minutes and no tools to replace.