Chrysler Intrepid VS Chrysler Cirrus LXi

Asked by Jan 01, 2009 at 06:04 PM

Which would you recommend?  200 Chrysler Cirrus LXi or Chrysler Intrepid ES

625

i would stay far away from anything with the 2.7 liter motor...i'm pretty sure thats also what came in the es version of the intrepid...however i see you called it a chrysler instead of a dodge...are you from canada possibly? in that case maybe trim packages are diff...but pretty sure both those cars would be 2.7,you really want to shoot for a intrepid or concorde...far better than a cirrus or breze...the 2.7 motors are not really as bad as the rap they recieve, the problem comes when skimping on routine mait especially oil changes, which lets face it, happens more often than not with peoples busy lives. with regular mait they are decent motors, but being used, who knows what the mait schedule was like...they're prone to sludging up if not maintained...you really want a 3.5 liter v6...great little motors with good performance, economy, and reliability...i have one with 190,000miles on it that i've done regular mait on myself and its never been to the shop yet. end conclusion....get and intrepid, lhs, or concorde, with the 3.5 much better vehicles and motor

Thanks helps... looking to purchase a used car and trying to decide between the two... thanks for the advice

15

I've driven my Intrepid for 4 years and love the car. It doesnt have all the fancy eye candy interior stuff like most imports but goes like stink and is great on fuel for a car its size. Except for regular maintenance, all i've had to repl. sofar are the brake pads. and junky tires that were on it when I first bought it. A friend has the Cirrus and complains constantly about this and that. Chances are I will be shopping for a newer model soon and hope to find a 2006. Hopefully not red lol

45

I hear youJohnny.. In Canada an Intrepid is A Chrysler and in the Staes its a Dodge.. See Pics of Mine above mine is a 2002 Chrsler Intrepid R/T...

45

My Lady has a cirrus with lots of problems heat and radio problems mostly...all in all a good car.. just lotsa small stuff....