keyless entry does not work as well as the lock switch inside Have returned to dealer for repairs was fixed once and malfunctined again was told to remove ground cable on battery myself. Problem solved, but why did I have to do this?

Asked by Jul 14, 2007 at 11:11 AM

40,315

Removing the battery ground and replacing it can reset the BCM (body control module) which is the computer that controls the body electrical functions on your vehicle. They were probably trying to save you some money as local Chrysler dealer charges $76/hour labor, and removing the ground is easy on your own. If it continues to act up you may have a defective BCM.