Can I change my water pump in a 2002 Cadillac SLS myself?

10

Asked by Nov 29, 2016 at 09:31 PM

My water pump is leaking severely and I need to replace it. Is this a job I can
do myself or should I pay a professional to do it? My brother is a mechanic
so I can have him buy the proper part but he is unable to come install it. Also
if I need to have this done by someone else how much should labor cost? I
would much rather do it myself if I can (I like learning new things and taking
care of them myself if I can) but if it requires taking a bunch of stuff out of the
engine to get to change it I would rather a professional take care of it to be
safe. The only tutorials or videos online that I can find are for a 2002 DeVille
not a 2002 SLS or STS (same model, different trim) Thank you for any help.

58,225

If you have confidence and are mechanicly inclined with the proper tool,s you can do this your self,but if you are not confident ,take it to a mechanic,good luck with it Amber.

33,975

If this is your first attempt at car repair I would not recommend it.

6,425

the northstar is different... might need a special tool? better have a mechanic work on it.

10

Not my first car repair, I've just never done this particular part before. My brother is a mechanic so he has shown me how to do a lot of things but he is currently out of town and will be gone for quite some time.