I have a 2001 DHS Caddiliac i just recently brought .i was told i needed an altenator.i replaced it and a new b .i drove it for a month and a half.i let it sit for two days now it want hold a charge

Asked by Apr 02, 2015 at 07:20 PM

When running it run fine

Bad alternator

Bad alternstor

16,295

You might also have a small electrical drain on the battery when it's off. So if you let it sit for too long, the battery dies. If you drive it daily, the alternator can keep the battery charged up, in spite of the overnight drain. But first thing to do is check that the battery itself is good, go to a car parts store like Autozone, Advance, or O'Rielly and they'll check the battery for free. (all the major stores do this).

56,715

See if the compressor for the rear air shocks is coming on when the car is off. My '94 Fleetwood does that. HTH. -Jim