1966 chevy II carb and intake

Asked by Mar 31, 2017 at 10:31 PM

Before I knew very much about cars I purchased a 66 chevy II I believe now to have been an L79. It was the 2  dr post . I have always thought that it was a high rise aluminum intake with a Carter AFB . Is that possible ? It had a 75$ optional transistorized ignition  also. , 327 , 4 speed , posi , Hd suspension and cooling . I have always regretted ever getting rid of that car and its always on my mind . thanks for any help. Is there a way to trace that if you know only the dealer ?    Mike

76,895

Even if you had the VIN and license number it would be nearly impossible to find. Try looking for cars like this for sale in the area where you sold it, maybe you will get lucky.

70,325

Visit the GM Heritage Center's website. Click on information kits and then click on 1966 Chevy II. You can download a free copy of the complete vehicle information packet. It's dated September 1965. Within the packet you'll find every detail about those cars. It does say that the L79 used a 4 barrel carburetor. But it doesn't give us the make (Carter, Rochester, etc.). The information may be in there but I just glanced through it quickly. You can also Google the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) if you still have it. If it's ever been offered for sale on the internet it should pop up. Also, using the VIN and $50 you may be able to get a copy of the original factory to dealer invoice for your exact car. Jump on GM Media Archives' website and see if your year is available. Good luck with your search!! HTH. -Jim