My 1977 chevy c10 scottsdale turn signal is not working

Asked by Nov 18, 2016 at 08:38 PM

My 1977 Chevy c10 scottsdale front left turn signal isn't working. It works as a
running light, but it wont flash. The light on the dashboard does not light up or
flash. And I have replaced the light bulb the socket the flashers and the fuse.
None of these have worked. Also the other three turn signals work just fine.

67,285

Sounds like the turn signal switch in the steering column. They're made of plastic so it's very possible that it's broken. HTH. -Jim

Wouldn't that affect both lights on the left not just one?

64,935

Maybe the flasher sending unit is bad.

67,285

It may or may not. Depends on what's still making contact and what's not. For example on my '94 Fleetwood the turn signals worked fine but the brake lights were out. It was the turn signal switch. HTH. -Jim