my 1992 chevy lumnia xl is burning oil and i can not figure out were or what is or it is going

Asked by Apr 30, 2016 at 10:55 PM

11,390

If you are sure you are burning oil, then the old girl is just worn out. but also, a bad pcv valve will cause weird oil consumption problems. fairly cheap thing to try, but you will need to roll the engine forward to get to the damn thing. At least I did on my 91 lumina. It is really not a hard procedure to roll the engine forward. Remove air intake hose, and take the bolts out of the dog bone engine mounts on top of the engine. you don't have to take the dog bones completely off, just the bolts on one side to roll them out of the way. then I pulled it forward using a ratcheting tie down strap and rolled her forward. then you can get your hands back there to replace and hook up the pcv.