2006 Malibu Crankshaft

Asked by Apr 27, 2016 at 08:27 PM

We tried turning it by hand but no luck...and
suggestions...please help

96,705

Rarely can you turn an engine over by hand, get a socket the size of the bolt in the crank pulley possibly an extension and a breakover bar and then you can turn it if it is not seized.

It barely moved when we did it earlier today but we didn't have a break over bar...so I will pass the break over bar suggestion on the my crew and see if it helps. I will be back with the follow up. But what would cause the crankshaft to seize up?

96,705

Loss of oil pressure is the big one, I have seen a rod come loose and would only allow the crank shaft to turn 300 degrees then it would stop it, you could then back it up the same amount, took it apart and the rod was folded against the block and the block was cracked but you couldn't see it from the outside. So if you do get it to turn make sure it will turn a complete revolution or more.