2004 Tahoe z71

Asked by Mar 09, 2016 at 01:47 PM

My tahoe keeps stalling out you can
pull over switch it off and on until
you here the fuel pump change
sounds then it will crank up and
drive a little ways and it will stall
again. Repeat process with
switching off and on it will crank
and drive again. Has anyone else
had this problem truck has over
200,000 miles

37,905

Sounds like a fuel pressure issue. Should have the fuel pressure checked, it should be 56 to 63 lbs.

77,845

If the fuel pump is changing sounds it either means that the pump is on it's way out or you have a voltage/grounding problem in the fuel pump circuit. At 200 miles I would change the fuel pump and relay just cause of the mileage and especially if it hasn't been done yet. And yes I did have a sound changing fuel pump on my Tahoe just before it quit working a week later.

I have already changed fuel pump and put it on one of those hand held computers on it and it gave me the code for mas sensor and the pcm

Forgot to mention earlier sometimes my seat warmers will turn off and on by their self

77,845

Better start looking for possible power and ground faults, the PCM normally won't give a failure code unless there is a voltage or grounding problem, the seat warmers are the BCM and that is totally another system, could be the forwarning of a real can of worms.