06 Impala

Asked by Jan 22, 2016 at 09:28 PM

My car after alignment, balancing, rotation,
and 2 new tires put on back is a bumpy
and loud ride and the car is hard to keep in
lane even without wind. A chore to drive
and noisy which I've been told is the tires.  
But ai hear a whining sound and the car
seems like it isn't meeting the road firmly
and it wanders and not a pleasure to drive
anymore.  What could be wrong?

105,485

So either they didn't do the alignment right or the tires are mismatched, I would take it back tell them what it is doing and that it did t do it before the work was done. It maybe a good idea to even take the service manager or even one of the techs for a ride and have them feel how it is handling.

I did that they said it was new tires and that I should keep newer in front. When I left that place every tire had a different pressure and along so roughly that I am wondering

105,485

The tire plys should match on your car, if you have stiffer tire sidewalls on one or the other set that axle will be transferring more road feel and noise through the vehicle, so like I stated before the tires should match.