How to correct idle on 1989 Chevy Beretta 2.0L?

Asked by Dec 23, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Possible vacuum leak, check the TBI base gasket, and make sure the intake is snugged up. Look for bad vacuum lines also.

The idle when starts is at about 2500 rpm and acts like it wants to idle down somewhat, then if you try to ingage the transmission it stalls. But will crank back up immediately and go back to idleing high. I changed the IAC valve and still the same. Is there a relearn procedure ?

It sounds like a vacuum leak. No relearn on the IAC, but, when you had that out, did you clean up the area inside & out that it goes into real good? There could be a vacuum leak there if not.

I cleaned it good I'll check for other vaccum leaks and get back to you

Does this only happen with the car is warm, about 15-20minutes of driving? Can you get the car to shift into neutral and it won't stall?

No it stalls ... PCM right?