I have a 85 Scottsdale truck. before I owned it someone replaced the manifold. so now there isn't enough space to put the oil dipstick tube. I need a quick fix it tip. someone suggested to plug the whole with a bolt and heat resistant sealant.

Asked by Jan 16, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

2 Answers


Check your local hot rod place they make a flex tube dipstick that you could use.


That's a terrible "quick fix" tip.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Chevrolet Questions

Chevrolet Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 22,450
#2 Rowefast
Reputation 16,200
#3 John Saffrahn
John Saffrahn
Reputation 15,790
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.