New clutch assembly will not engage

80

Asked by Jan 03, 2015 at 09:54 PM

94 c1500 4.3l 5 speed.  Installed new clutch assembly and a used transmission. Bled the
slave cylinder and clutch still is not engaging. Does someone have an idea of what I could
have missed?

115,105

Is the slave cylinder fully extending? Or is it only barely moving?

115,105

When putting it all back together did you use an alignment tool? Did transmission slide right on or did you have to force it to get the bolts started on the bell housing?

80

About slave I'm not sure can't tell cuz its bolted to trans but when tranny was out for a while slave was left extended out but during installation it went back in.alignment tool yes to align friction disc with flywheel n then put pressure plate on bolted and pulled out alignment tool. Didn't really have to force it just wiggled tranny back and forth while pushing towards engine and started bolts in. I don't want to have to drop tranny again.

80

When engaging the clutch pedal it feels like a normal clutch with good pressure but if I start the truck in 1st gear it will take off as if its not even pressed. And when starting in neutral I cannot put into gear at all. Just grinds

115,105

Sure sounds like a slave cylinder issue. Check clutch fluid level and try bleeding slave again. Also are you sure throw out bearing was installed correctly. This to can cause these issues.

80

Ya I'm pretty sure it is correct I snapped it into clips with spinning side facing towards clutch. Trans is from a GMC . getrag it is same trans but would it be possible the arm that pivots throwout bearing would have a different angle?

115,105

Sounding more and more like a slave cylinder issue.

I'm having this same issue on my 96 c1500 4.3l 5 speed and I can't figure it out, did you ever figure the problem out?

10

Yes, i am also having the same problem in my 93 Chevy k1500. I replaced the slave cylinder and bled and bled it. Still won't go into gear while running.