Why won't my 1994 Chevy Silverado 350 engine 4 wheel drive shift out of low? Shifts through all the gears in 4 wheel drive

Asked by Oct 17, 2014 at 05:42 PM

16,640

Transmission shift or transfer case shift? If its the transfer case, with the truck running put the transmission gear selector in neutral, then shift the transfer case selector(manual or push button doesn't matter) out of 4 low. You will hear the transfer case make a clunking noise-totally normal. Then put the transmission gear selector into drive. Pull ahead a few feet and you should be out of 4low.