I also have a 1995 S10 automatic 4x4 that the transmission will not go out of low gear and the brake indicator light comes on can u please help my dad is also confused about this one thanks in advance

Asked by Oct 15, 2014 at 07:38 PM

18,740

Is it stuck in 4 low? If not then look at the transmission fluid and see it is low. Check the brake fluid level as well.

No he checked all of that could it be the speed sensor

18,740

The speed sensor is part of the ABS. The transmission might be bad then. I would have it looked at by a REPUTABLE mechanic. As far as the brakes is the emergency brake on? Even if it's on just a little it will kick on the light.

The emergency brake is off and my dad knows how to work on cars / trucks but this one has him confused can u think of anything else that it might be thank u in advance

18,740

Yea its stumping me as well. I'm also not there either so that makes it a lil harder to analyze it. Might have to have a mechanic take a look at it.

My dad is a mechanic and that is why he is so confused he worked on cars and trucks all of his life and never seen nothing like this can u or anybody think of anything else please and thank u in advance