I have an 05 impala ac stopped working but heat works. Went to get fixed. Ac worked for 2 days then stopped working again. Told me the ac had a leak. How could I fix it myself?

Asked by Jul 30, 2014 at 02:30 PM

23,225

don't fix it your self- special equipment is required to work on AC systems- I'm guessing that the reason it only worked 2 days is you tried to do it on the cheap- they did not pressure test the system and there was a leak- all the coolant prob'ly leaked out into the atmosphere- don't be messin' around, paying to do it haphazardly- just pay once, straight up, and have it done by somebody with the RIGHT equipment and knows how to do it right- AC is expensive- sorry, but that's the way it is-

15,345

I agree with having a professional shop do the work. Make sure there is a guarantee attached. They should find the leak. It could be anywhere. The system has a lot of aluminum parts to it and they become weak and brittle after awhile and fail. I had an old Buick the muffler tube kept breaking until a shop built a special bracket to hold it in place so the weight didn't cause the tube to fail.