My friend has a 2002 chevy malibu with a v6 i think he said 3.6 he thinks head gasket may be blown as he is getting alot of water coming from tail pipe and its overheating. is this a common thing

Asked by Sep 05, 2013 at 05:47 PM

Water coming from tail pipe excessively. over heating

find out which head is the leaker and replace that side head gasket~

you could start by examining each of the spark plugs to see which one is wet~

Is it a hard job to change head gaskets on this car?

34,305

It's not too bad but with the aluminum heads I wouldn't chance anything considering they with run about 250 each from a machine shop that does heads. Replace both and the gaskets for it you are looking at about $650. Make sure you get new head bolts, the originals are torque to yield and can only be used once. New thermostat, new plugs and wires.

34,305

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrBEFI7dxX0 that's an alero that I fixed not to long ago, 3.4L engine. Intake gaskets took a dump causing the engine to overheat causing the head to crack filling the intake and cylinder with coolant. If you have a good set of hand tools you can get it done on a Saturday. If you need the step by step process I can get it for you along with torque specs. Just let me know.