I changed the clutch cylinder in my 96 cavalier now the clutch won't move. Not sure what I did. Please help.

10

Asked by Aug 25, 2013 at 07:54 PM

110,065

If you replaced the clutch slave cylinder make sure resivoir is full of brake fluid then bleed the air out of the slave cylinder. This should fix your issues.

10

The clutch rod won't move so I can't push it in to bleed it.

110,065

Pump pedal a few times then hold it to the floor. Have someone loosen bleeder on slave cylinder then close it back before you let pedal return to the top. It will take several times of doing this to get it to operate properly. Make sure you keep clutch resivoir full of brake fluid while doing this.