'06 cobalt brake problems

20

Asked by Jun 05, 2013 at 08:55 PM

I have a '06 Colbalt, that i have no pedal, i have changed the pads, mastercylinder, power
booster and bled all the brake lines each time, nor is there any brake line leak any where,
but still dont have full pedal. The pedal goes all the way to the floor and barely stops.
What could it be?

You've still got air in that...bleed again with a heavy foot and a competent person at the wheel cylinders takin' them one at a time, re-filling the brake reservoir...not once letting it get halfway empty...get the air out by bleeding and your compressive braking forces will be restored~

the ABS system is going to take time to build up a reservoir of vacuum...you need run it a while for this supply of emergency braking power is attained...run it for a couple of minutes before you try a panic stop....of course getting every last little bit of air out of each of the four circuits of the braking system~

20

orginally when the brakes first started having problems just lost pedal still could stop, brake fluid was full, and no leaks so thats when i changed the mastercylinder and than the power booster. how could i have gotten air in the line when i never cracked the line or leaks? also i dont have ABS brake system

20

We bled the line w comptent person, we started having this problem over 3 months ago and I havent tried to do any more to it in the past month but i am still driving w very little pedal

wow...thought they all had ABS by now...but hate to say it if you've gotten all the air out the only thing left is the master cylinder seals, which if new should not be letting air pass...perhaps take it back to the store for a good one~

20

someone told me that it could possible to be the distrubtion bloc, what is ur thought on that?

235

Sounds like air, was the mastercylinder bench bled(out of car, small strokes on plunger, all bubbles out of supplied tubes). Have seen the seals fold if the plunger is pushed in too far during bleading, or just had a bad luck and got a bad new part. Yes it happens. If you are certian all the air is out, bled out in proper sequence( RR, LR, RF,LF) and still have issue, try a pressure blead(take it to a shop), and /or check for proper adjustment of rear brake shoes. If it is a hard peddle, check booster vacume hose.

well there are two distribution blocks, one for the front and one for the back...you know...dual cylinder braking...if there were trouble there would pull to one side or the other~

bench bleed, like our buddy Jedidlah asserted~

10

I have a 06 chevy cobalt and my power steering went out air radio whipers all stopped working what wrong took it to chevy motor is fine in steering column and no codes came up .....help???

Brittany....sounds like you broke your component BELT...take a look and you'll see a broken belt...thankfully it did not start a fire WHEN it broke~