My chevy cobalt 2007 front headlight accumalates moisture to fill about a fourth of the headlight, would it be best to get a new one from the dealership or junkyard?

Asked by Apr 08, 2013 at 09:06 PM

25,435

new would be best. if you get a used one it may do the same thing. you can find new ones online cheaper than what the dealer would charge. try ebay.

89,865

Remove the headlight and drill a small hole in the bottom to drain the water out. Seal around the upper seams with RTV to keep water from entering. -- - If the mirror is hosed, get a replacement from the scrap yard or eBay.

1,185

Both of the answers above are great, just depends on what your wanting to spend or do.

I'm a junkyard guy. But then mine is free. I like the idea of drilling the hole.

cheapest way and easiest assembly as possible. i usually have to repair the lights myself, due to my financial means....i will look on the internet for the least expensive replacement and assemble it myself. I went to an auto parts store and the clerk nearly broke my car's headlight removing it from the car. So i read my car's manual and replaced a previous item before.