Security light on 2002 chevy 1500 cant get off

Asked by Feb 26, 2013 at 09:21 PM

Security light came on while driving. Truck
is a 2002 chevy 1500 4.8 liter regular cab
long bed 4 wheel drive. Security light stays
on even when truck is off. All head lights
wont turn on either. The truck does start.
We tryed the 30 min thing where u have the
key so almost on and wait for 10 mins each
session. Plz help!

Do you have the owners manual as it should probably tell you there. Sometimes disconnecting the battery can reset, but it could also cause other issues, like theft lock out features.

Yea tryed the battery disconnection didn't work and yes did look in manual nothing there

I'll do some checking and see what I can come up with, it may be until tomorrow though, but I will try for you. Maybe someone will come along here that has a more direct solution for you.

Thabk you very much

Well, I can see that you have done your home work, but it is kind of looking like you may have a BCM, Body Control Module, problem. Have you taken it to like Autozone or any auto parts store and had the system scanned? If not you may need to do that. If it is the BCM then you have a problem as it's not an easy fix. I'm sorry, but you have tried all the suggested solutions and I really can't think of anything. Sometimes if you just had a key made it could provide it has the key chip be wrong and is telling the car that your a thief, so not really of much help here. I'm sorry.

I will look into auto zone to do a scan thanks for ur help anyways

Your welcome and I'm sorry I couldn't give you a sure fix. If you get some trouble codes then please come back and maybe we'll have more to work with.. Good luck

89,915

You can try the AutoZone scan but they usually can only read the ECU codes. For more inclusive scans, try the dealership or larger repair shops.

Alright thanks very much