The windshield wipers on my 2002 Chevy Venture do not retract under the hood in cold weather. After I shut them off they make one more half swipe and stop at the top of the swipe on the windshield. A

10

Asked by Feb 06, 2012 at 11:01 AM

755

It's the brake on the wiper motor.This is a common problem with these vans.There is a little tab on the motor that parks the wipers in the proper place.If you take it apart,you will see that the tab is deteriated or broken.

10

Thanks Ricardo. I thought it was a wiper motor problem but couldn't and still can't understand why it only happens in cold weather. Temperature gets above 20 degrees outside and everything works like a charm.