Chevy Cobalt -vs- Chevy Malibu

Asked by Dec 28, 2008 at 09:08 PM

I can't decide which one to buy.  The Cobalt has a better price, but my friends praise the Malibu

15

Really? I think the Cobalt is a nicer looking car. I don't really like the Malibu it looks like a grandma car.

35

im 20 and i own a Cobalt SS Turbocharged and its great.. Life saver on gas and 35MPG highway and 32 MPG city. Plus its $22 max. to fill it up

7,275

drove a regular cobalt once. i could have swore if i punched a hole in the floor and used my feet i would have moved faster then i was going with the pedal to the floor. i would say malibu. the new body style is nice and its larger than the cobalt so it wont make your friends mad to ride in the back seat. plus im guessing, since ive never been in a malibu, that the interior is nicer. i hated the interior of the cobalt. and if youre going to drop the money on an SS model cobalt do yourself a favor and get a used SRT4

8,185

Depends on what you'd use it for. If it's a daily driver and you need a bit more space, the Malibu, but if you're looking for something fun to drive and 08 or 09 Cobalt SS. Nothing near it's price point can keep up around a track. Honestly, the Cobalt SS is one of the few cars that genuinely impresses me. 30+ MPG Sub 15 on a quarter mile... Absolute powerhouse on the track... Look up stock time around the ring...

The standard 2.2 Litre is actually quite spirited performance-wise.Can't understand why any honest person would call it less. Moving up, the SS model is very responsive. It actually was one of the fastest street cars ever in a recent Car and Driver track test , besting top import "performance" cars. The mileage is also quite good rating right at the top of it's class. In fact in real world driving they usually exceed EPA ratings. I would like to see better interior appointments but the overall driving, performance and economy of my trusty, high-mile '05 LS Coupe have really impressed me over the years. That being said, the Malibu is also a fine car, recently besting Toyota in head to head comparisons as well as most quality/owner satisfaction surveys. A much more comfortable car for 4 passengers. If you want performance..let the Honda owner that is trying to unload his Honda keep it...Buy the Cobalt SS . It will outperform the Honda for you just as it did for Car and Driver.

20

Chevy Cobalt by far. I bought 2 2009 Cobalts LT 4 door. Love It.

65

$22 to fill ur tank, are u using the recomended 93 octane? it cost about 30 for me and u actually see 35mpgs on the highway or u reading the window sticker lol.

215

I bought a 2008 LT 4 door and love it. i wouldn't think twice before trading it in for something else. I owned a 2005 malibu and that car was nothing but a pain in the butt, I had to take it in to the shop every other day it seemed like. I recommend the Cobalt by far.

55

The cobalt wont steer you wrong. They are very reliable.I have never had any problems with mine. Regular maintenance thats all its ever needed.

85

ok 1 its the same car same engin 2.4 eco and the drive is the same just that the malibu is bigger is size