1996 Audi A4 Quattro- new fuel pump and filter- no fuel at the fuel rail- any suggestions?

Asked by Jan 15, 2016 at 09:19 AM

I have had replaced the upper and lower oil pan, the sway bar support piece on the passenger side, the radiator, the fuel pump relay, the fuel pump and the fuel filter. The car will start and run when you feed fuel into the intake- but no fuel is reaching the fuel rail. I will check to see if the fuel pump is not reversed  but is there any other component I may have missed that would cause this? 1996 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 B5 - email me if you want to at bdwilly848@hotmail.com

The car was run over a concrete divider about 2 years ago and it sheared the lower oil pan in half, destroyed the bolt threads in the upper pan- bent the radiator, broke the radiator support assembly and cracked the passenger side sway bar support piece. I had all of those items replaced. At that point the engine turned over great- and would run if you fed fuel into the intake- but there was no fuel at the fuel rail. So I replaced the fuel pump relay- and then the fuel pump- rewired and changed out the fuel hose (over $100 for a plastic straw from Audi) between the catch and the pump. Still no fuel but at least you can hear the pump kick on. I then had the fuel filter changed (a pox on all Audi engineers who thought that was a good idea for placement and attachment of a filter,) but still no gas is showing up at the fuel rail. Now you are all caught up on the project so far.

58,255

If you not getting fuel to fuel rail,and here the pump running,you may need to check the fuel lines for damage all so,may be kinked,if lines are good,check that new fuel pump,may be bad,it happens with new parts sometimes,you may here the pump,but that does not mean it is pumping fuel.

I am going to unhook the inlet hose from the filter to verify the pump is working then I will trace the line to the engine to look for problems there. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another component I had overlooked.