Can I warn people about a dealer who ripped me off?

Asked by Dec 06, 2015 at 01:33 AM

My son a US Marine Veteran just returned
home after serving overseas for 19 months.  
He went to Top Notch Auto Mall in
Leesburg Florida.  The car broke down on
his way home from buying it.  The next day
a reputable mechanic looked at the car and
said it was a blown head gasket and should
not have been sold.  How can we warn
Military members, Veterans, and the public
to avoid this place?

Potential buyers avoid Top Notch Auto Mall!

33,995

The important thing is how the Dealer dealt with the problem.

77,735

That is why almost al of us on this site tell people have the car checked by a shop that does used car checkups, if the head gasket was blown before you purchased it that would have been caught during the checkup. Blown head gaskets is fairly common today, on some makes more than others, with imports still blowing more than domestics, but domestics are gaining. Regrets is right what is the dealer going to do about it, that will tell you about the integrity of the dealership and how they stand behind the cars they sell.

56,575

Very sorry to hear about this! If you or your Son contacted the dealer through cargurus you will be asked for a review of your experience. Usually takes about 2 weeks to get the email. Hopefully they will make good on at least helping out with the repair costs. What kind of car is it? HTH. -Jim