Will 2007 Audi A6 brakes fit on 2000 Audi A6 Avant for an upgrade?

35

Asked by Sep 13, 2014 at 09:31 AM

I have a 2000 Audi A6 Avant and have a set of new front rotors which are 30mm instead of the 25mm and am looking for an option of wider/larger calipers that would work.  Would later A6 calipers work; specifically from 2007 S4's and such?

The entire car is engineered as a unit together with steering, suspension, brakes. Deviating from stock on most cars, high-end cars like Audi in particular is not an upgrade. IMO go stock

34,195

Listen to F.N. You will never get the car to brake right, dashboard lights will flash like a Christmas tree and you will gain no noticeable brakeing advantage.

35

Thanks for the answer guys, but upgrades have been a part of the Audi lore for quite some time. Many of the parts of different Audi models fit on others and do not negatively affect the ride. Brake upgrades are a common thing. Porsche brakes actually work well with many of the Audis, in fact. The reason for my question is that I had purchased new rotors for my car from someone on Craigslist but they are from the wrong year and are thicker than will work for my current calipers. (yes there could be a problem with wheel fitment if I kept the stock smaller wheels). I cannot return the rotors so hope to "upgrade" my calipers to dual piston units if possible in the process.

Ok, genegearhead, that makes sense and I stand corrected. I guess I am just 'Old School" and I once owned an Audi, a 1985 Quattro. It was a very nice car but little things kept going wrong..nothing major and parts costs were obscene. $300 for a tail-light lens. Just the lens mind you, not the assembly. The rear defroster quit and the ran me $800. Hindsight being what it is I would have done without the defroster, they had to replace the glass. 30 years ago! Now I said nothing major, until my then-3 year old son decided to fill it up for me---with the garden hose. My (now ex) wife pulled it out and drove the car, exactly one block before it quit, and after $1500 for work , I don't know what they did, something about a fuel distributor but it was never the same, hard starting and in 1988 at 28,000-odd miles I traded it in. If she had not started it I could have dealt with it, but nooo..just HAD to be somewhere and didn't tell me until after the fact when she called me at work to be 'rescued'.