Hi' I own a 2002 audi a6 avant. An oil symbol has appeared on my instrument board with the word sensor beside it. A near by shop is telling me I am looking at an expensive fix. I amniotic sure I am getting honest feedback. Hat should I do and is this something I can fix. Thank you much

5

Asked by Nov 21, 2012 at 07:50 PM

Sensor advisory beside a oil symbol in dash board.   4k miles ago I had the oil changed to synthetic oil sinse then
every 3 weeks or so I get a low oil indicator and I add a quart which lasts another 3 weeks or so.  Before that oil
change I had no issues with the vehicle.

2,685

this means the car is consuming oil, so try changing the oil back to the one you were using and check the oil spec to see if you are using an oil that doest correspond to your vehicle. the light comes on because the oil is low.