89 Audi quatro 100 gas in oil

Asked by Oct 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I rescued a really nice audi from a friend who has lost his patience. It  has the fuel injected 5 cyl and is overfull on oil and it is definetly gas. I dont want to hook up a battery untill I can find the source of oil contamination. Has anybody else experienced this or do you have any ideas?

1,305

has it been cranked over for a while without starting, that would cause gas to fill the base of the engine, also could be 1 or more leaking injectors

I changed the oil but i did not disassemble the engine to determine what is the source of fuel excess. thanks

1,305

if its running properly it probally wont happen again, most likely cause would be injectors leaking when shut off or one cylinder missfiring,but that should be noticeable