Revive car paint!?

Asked by Jul 20, 2015 at 07:43 PM

It seems like the clear coat on my
vehicle is peeling and it isn't shiny. I
bought it used and it has swirl marks
minor scratches all around. How
would I go about making the vehicle
look new? I wouldn't like to repaint
the whole car the car is black. I'm
new to the forum and not sure how
to add images. Sorry about that. But
it looks like sun damage I guess.

143,265

The last Packard was 1958. You will never get the paint 'like new'. ...not gonna happen, even if it has never seen sunlight. To post an image save it to your computer, click 'add photo' find the pic, right click on the picture then click 'select'

Hello sir and thank you for the answer. It's fine if it's not like new it was just an over exaggeration I'm actually on the mobile app so it does not give me the option to attach an image.

78,195

If the clear coat is peeling then your only option is to repaint it. If there is a Maamco in your area that is going to be your cheapest way to have it done.

I really would not want to repaint I heard using cutting compound and polishing out would help? Maybe I should just vinyl wrap.

210,495

No way are you going to be able to compound or polish off the clear coat without effecting the paint IMHO. A repaint like Fordnut suggested or a vinyl wrap are in your future.

Yeah I'm really not sure if it's clear coat or not. I'm new to the detailing world I'll see if there's a way I can post a video. Please stay tuned I really appreciate all the answers.

This is what I was able to get